I’m a 26 year old photographer, photo darkroom professional, administrative assistant, and general DIY hobbyist!
I am currently employed at the Harvey Milk Photo Center where I help operate the largest publicly run black and white photo darkroom in the United States.
Photo Darkroom Manager/Facility Assistant
Harvey Milk Photo Center
San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, San Francisco, CA
August 2021 - Present
Rejoined the Harvey Milk Photo Center in August 2021, spearheading the reopening and operational overhaul of the largest photo darkroom in the United States after an 18-month hiatus. Leveraging a deep understanding of black-and-white darkroom techniques, I've been instrumental in providing a safe, professional, and efficient environment for the San Francisco community to bring their photographic visions to life.
- Darkroom Operations Leadership: Oversee all aspects of darkroom operations, including chemical mixing, maintenance, inventory management, and cleanup procedures.
- User Onboarding: Conduct orientation sessions for new users, ensuring they are well-informed about facility rules and safety protocols.
- Administrative Support: Assist the Facility Manager in day-to-day tasks and contribute to operational planning.
- Documentation & Training: Write instructional guides and training materials to educate both staff and the public on best practices.
- Customer Service: Manage front desk operations, serving as the initial point of contact for visitors, staff, and callers, and providing accurate information.
- Communication & Outreach: Create and distribute signage for facility notices, special events, and educational classes.
- Workflow Automation: Develop Python scripts to automate routine tasks, enhancing workflow efficiency.
- Innovation & Problem-Solving: Utilize 3D printing technology to design and produce custom parts as needed for the darkroom and the center.
Child Care Disaster Service Worker